Re: #284724: Interpretation of NON-BREAK SPACE

Il giorno sab, 12-02-2005 alle 09:43 +0000, Alastair McKinstry ha
scritto:
[...]
> Does anyone have copies (or pointers to free versions of) SUS and any
> rulings on this matter? What are developers opinions on this: should
> this be treated as a shell (and other scripting language) bug, ie.
> should all characters in the class [:space:] be treated as a token
> seperator in shells/languages, or just the ASCII SPACE?

I believe that non breaking space is just something related to the
layout of a document, so the semantic of a sentence or command including
such characters should just tread them as normal spaces.

Just my 0,02€,
Giuseppe