Re: release criticl bugs

Nico Golde <nico@ngolde.de> schrieb:

> hi,
> I had a look on the rc bugs.
> what about:
> 237156 it is very old and has a working patch. the
> maintainer has not reacted. maybe we should do an nmu?

Please read the bug, and read it _completely_. Watch the tags.

> 233981

same here.

> and 272393 should be easy to fix too.

How do you think should a fix look like? Why didn't you send your
suggested patch to the bug and the submitter?

> I think there are many other bugs which can be fixed
> quickly. Especially the bugs which are there because of a
> false license. Either the upstream changes the license or we
> should remove or move the package to another section.

Go ahead, communicate with upstream, and please do it gently. Before you
mail to upstream, ask the maintainer - he might be in non-public
conversation about it with them.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster