Re: NEW queue and ftp-master approval

|| On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 07:37:49 +0100
|| Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

gvb> Then the maintainer gets a bugreport saying they should
gvb> Replace/Conflict/Provide the silly name. Also ftp-mster could get an
gvb> automatic notice about new debs and a 3 day window to veto it or
gvb> something. ftp-master being a group that should suffice. The NEW queue
gvb> doesn't have to be instantanious.

gvb> How often does it actualy happen that ftp-master rejects the name of a
gvb> package? Did anyone have that happen to him/her when adding a new deb
gvb> to old source ever?

This is not the only problem. ftp-master's also do some checks to see
if we aren't do massive fragmentation of packages. I, personally, was
one person who have a rejected package because I splited one and
wasn't need.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116