Re: [Pre-RFA] Intending to drop twenty-some packages

Dirk Eddelbuettel dijo [Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 11:51:20AM -0600]:
> (...)
> * the Perl "spreadsheet" complex:
>   - spreadsheet-writeexcel
>   - spreadsheet-parseexcel (2 old open bugs, forwarded ages ago)
>   - ole-storage-lite
>   - dbd-excel (1 old open bug, forwarded)

I can take this three, as I use some of them (although, yes,
occassionally, but I kind-of-know them). I have never directly touched
libole-storage-lite-perl, but as you say they are not moving targets,
I think it will not be much of a problem.

> * other Perl packages:
>   - dbd-odbc
>   - finance-streamer
>   - inline-octave [ related to Octave ]
>   - math-numbercruncher
>   - statistics-descriptive

If I have some time, I will take a look at them as well... I don't use
them, am completely incompetent regarding statistics, but will
evaluate them.

All of those modules will be group-maintained - I will upload them,
but they will be part of the pkg-perl group's repository.

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5554-9450
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23