Re: Is debhelper build-essential?

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 04:07:29AM +0000, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> The stats:
>
>   8,920  source packages in Debian unstable main.
>   8,254  declare a build-dependency on debhelper
>
>   = 92% of packages build-depend on debhelper.
>
> Is that sufficient to declare it build-essential?

I'd say it is. I've been handling it that way on my buildd hosts since a
looong time, anyway. Additionally, I don't think we need to wait for 92%
of packages before we declare something build-essential; I'm sure there
are far more than 8% of our packages that do not require g++ to build...

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks