Re: Is debhelper build-essential?

On 10168 March 1977, Scott James Remnant wrote:

>   = 92% of packages build-depend on debhelper.
> It can be argued that these are already effectively build-essential due
> to the high number of packages build-depending on them anyway.

I think it should be b-e, but with a versioned dep thats high enough to
get all those versioned dependencies away that are already existing.
As we try sarge, a version-dep >= {sarge-version} is suggested.

(Not that all packages are really updated for that before sarge, but
lets get b-e with such a thing in sarge IMO).

--
bye Joerg
<HE> Lalalala ... Ich bin die Sponsoren-Schlampe - Wer hat heute Lust?