Re: Why does Debian distributed firmware not need to be Depends: upon? [was Re: LCC and blobs]

Hello,
I don't undestand why software loading files (as we are talking) must be
in contrib. An example: xpdf, if you have not a pdf file you could not
use it, only it gave us a blank page. You could read a lot of different
files, a free pdf files or a non-free pdf files, and xpdf we never thing
to put xpdf in contrib.

If we have a software, (the driver loader), that could only show a blank
message as xpdf when there are not a file to load, and loads files (the
firmware) when we have one, is the same situation as xpdf.

Then if software as xpdf could be in main, software loading firmware
must be in main.
--
Miguel Gea Milvaques <debian@miguelgea.com>
Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/xerakko/