Re: Always run dpkg --dry-run -i before running dpkg -i!

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 06:50:59PM -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 23:15:53 +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 04:58:56PM -0500, William Ballard wrote:
> >> Apparently the dickhead maintainer of ndiswrapper-source has just gone
> >> into his shell and refuses to discuss this problem.
> >
> > Btw, could anyone explain why ndiswrapper is in main?  It's only use
> > is to run propritary windows drivers inside the linux kernel, so it's
> > a clear fit for contrib.
>
> I believe we had this discussion on IRC; basically, there *are* free
> (as in speech) ndis drivers out there.  Whether they're able to be built
> and packaged on a debian system; I don't know.

It's completely irrelevant whether any free drivers exist.
ndiswrapper's purpose is to provide an NDIS interface to the Linux
kernel, and it accomplishes that purpose without the use of any non-free
software.  Thus, it is perfectly suitable for main.

--
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!