Re: Always run dpkg --dry-run -i before running dpkg -i!

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 04:02:17PM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, William Ballard wrote:
> Er, huh?  I don't see what problem you are describing.
>
> What *exactly* is the issue you have?

Packages that generate packages as output that have
dependencies the original package does not have.

The resulting output may be uninstallable.
The rationale is some people just want to build them.

But the package doesn't give me any clue that I'm
about to shoot myself in the foot.