Re: Ignoring the truth or Hiding problems? (was: Are mails sent to xxxx <at> buildd.debian.org sent to /dev/null ?)

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 10:59:31AM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:

> I don't understand why you try to make as many developers opposed to you
> as possible.

I don't try it, it's not my intention, but I say what I mean and think. Of
course this is sometimes not the same with what the audience might want to
hear. That's sad, but it's fair-minded and is more straightforward than to
play to someone else, I think.

> For me, Steve is an very easy to work with developers, and
> he doesn't flame easily, so you should ask yourself what mistake you made.

As already said several times: I usually respond in the same way you
approach me. And especially you should know that you can discuss serious
issues (be it technical or not) with me at the same time when we have a
different opinion on other topics. I usually distinguish between factual
discussions and flamefests/ad hominem attacks. Or do you have the impression
that I haven't treated you correctly when you had questions or problems with
the buildd status updates for example?

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/

Please note that year 2005 has come to an end and
the year 2005 is now  -  even in my mail address!