Re: Documentation on handling of orig.tar.gz files for Developer's Reference or for Debian Policy

Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote:

> To prevent this misunderstanding, perhaps change to
>
>   For example, it is not sufficient reason to omit a file that it is
>   used only when buidling on MS-DOS. Similarly, a Makefile provided by
>   upstream should not be omitted even if the first thing your
>   debian/rules does is to overwrite it by running a configure script.

Thanks, I changed it further so that even people like me can easily get
the grammar:

,----
| For example, it is not a sufficient reason for omitting a file that it
| is used only when building on MS-DOS. Similarly, a Makefile provided
| by upstream should not be omitted even if the first thing your
| <file>debian/rules</file> does is to overwrite it by running a
| configure script.
`----

I hope it is still understandable for native speakers...

> Some minor typos, most certainly originally made by me:

Thanks, corrected.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster