Re: Documentation on handling of orig.tar.gz files for Developer's Reference or for Debian Policy

Scripsit Frank Küster <frank@debian.org>

First, thank you for taking hand of this issue!

> > Unfortunately, there are lots of precedent for MS-DOS specific files to
> > carry a non-free license, so removing them can be the safe option.

> That's why I (or Henning) wrote "except where impossible for legal
> reasons".

To prevent this misunderstanding, perhaps change to

  For example, it is not sufficient reason to omit a file that it is
  used only when buidling on MS-DOS. Similarly, a Makefile provided by
  upstream should not be omitted even if the first thing your
  debian/rules does is to overwrite it by running a configure script.

Some minor typos, most certainly originally made by me:

    officially distributed to the upstream author: s/to/by/

    non-DFGS-free material: s/GS/SG/

    the latter two points it to let: s/it/is/

--
Henning Makholm          "Also, the letters are printed. That makes the task
                        of identifying the handwriting much more difficult."