Re: miscfiles NMU?

Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> >From the changelog:
>
>      - Build-Depend-Indep on the patch package;
>
> http://release.debian.org/sarge_rc_policy.txt

What in the package depends on the patch package?  That package only
contains the patch program, and miscfiles does not require it to build.

> Going by the changelog you faild to list patch in
> Build-Depends-Indep. If you had no build depends so far it's a
> violation of the sarge RC policy and not debian policy. But still RC.

There is no requirement to have a Build-Depends line if you don't
actually have any build dependencies.  miscfiles doesn't have any.
(Or, if you think it does, please file a bug report and explain!)  But
I checked, and I can't find any such thing.

> >> Closes: 147321 150264 152791 167493 175700 190347 249867 249867 249871 249879 249882 249897 250068
> >
> > Several of them, yes.  Some of them are incorrect.
>
> Thats a much better argument for reverting than "you didn't ask
> me". You should have said so.

But see, at the time, because he didn't contact me, I could check
that!  It's only now that I am able to check and see that there are
mistakes.  I shouldn't have to wait to complain about a wrongly
uploaded NMU to see if it broke anything.

Thomas