Re: Release update

According to Nathanael Nerode:
> Unfortunately, I believe [portmap] still listens everywhere by default.
> And I think it has to in order to support other things like NFS.  :-P

Indeed, though somebody (portmap maintainer?  I forget) had the idea
of making portmap default to localhost unless/until NFS is actually
installed and/or running.  Not implemented for lack of anyone coming
up with a Policy-compliant mechanism.
--
Chip Salzenberg               - a.k.a. -               <chip@pobox.com>