Re: The useless "sid" tag

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 02:52:00PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 08:19:16PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> > > Most bugs I've seen tagged "sid" are RC bugs, which means they're
> > > usually fixed before the package propagates to sarge.
>
> > Currently, there are 1293 open bugs tagged sid but not tagged sarge.
>
> > They include 72 RC bugs, which are 5,57% of all such bugs.
>
> ... which I guess goes to show how innocuous the misuses of the sid tag
> are, if so many probable mis-tags haven't interfered significantly with
> the legitimate uses of the tag.

Which legitimate uses are you talking about?

I'm too lazy to check all RC bugs, but from 7 Critical bugs tagged sid
but not sarge, in 3 of these cases the same version of the package is in
testing, and for one other bug I doubt whether it's really present only
in unstable.

So at least for the Critical bugs, this tagging is wrong in at about
half of the cases.

> Steve Langasek

cu
Adrian