Re: closing upstream bugs with debian/changelog

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 06:29:57PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> >> The majority of them are happy with the notion of closing a bug by
> >> sending a message to xxxxxx-done@bugs.debian.org outlying the version
> >> number of the package that it is fixed in.
> >
> > I do not think you can claim to represent a majority of Debian developers in
> > this matter, and I doubt that you have surveyed any significant number of
> > them to support your argument.
> >
> > As a data point, most of the developers with whom I have discussed the
> > subject disagree with you.
>
> Really? So you're saying that it is not OK to close a bug by sending
> a message to the -done address that contains the version of the package
> that the bug is fixed in?

That is not what I said.  I don't think you believe it either, and are just
being argumentative.  We have discussed this subject many times and I don't
see a need to repeat myself again.  We disagree about what kind of
information belongs in the Debian changelog (which is what this discussion
is about, not the BTS).

--
 - mdz