Re: ifupdown needs an actual maintainer

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 01:18:56PM -0500, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> According to Anthony Towns:
> > On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 11:02:12AM -0500, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> > > I've just added to the voluminous pile of bugs, many with patches,
> > > attached to ifupdown.  The maintainer of record hasn't uploaded since
> > > July of 2001.  The most recent NMU was in September of 2003.
> > I find it rather odd that I don't seem to have a mail from you on
> > this topic in my inbox.
> Oh, I suppose I should have mailed you, if only as a formality.

No, you should have mailed me because it's almost certain I have more idea
of what's going on with ifupdown than you do.

If you think getting access to all the information needed to do a good
job is a "formality", and a forgettable one at that, then you're not
going to be able to do a good job, and you're not a suitable maintainer.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004