Re: init script output vanished

Hi again!

On 2004-04-01 20:04 +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> For a few days the init script messages of many programs have just
> disappeared:

I now know the cause: I'm using udev. Until a few days ago I ran a
devfs-enabled kernel (with automatic mount on boot) since otherwise
the kernel could not mount the root partition (too early for udev).

Then I disabled devfs from kernel because I found it ugly to have
first devfs and then udev's tmpfs mounted over /dev; I copied back
some static device nodes into /dev to allow booting.

So I guess I discuss this further with Marco.

Have a nice evening!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org