Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 12:14:50PM +0100, Luis de Bethencourt Guimera wrote:
> it is true that debian has an image of being a system for computer
> experts, which I might only agree in the poorly documentend
> installation, I know the installation is autodocumented, but it is also

Are you kidding me? The official stable release carries the 'install-doc'
package which is readily available, and translated to as much as 10
different languages at http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual
(which is prominently linked from www.debian.org/doc, how hard can that be?)

Work for d-i is ongoing, but when it is released it will have it's own
manual (partly based on the b-f one)

Regards

Javier