Re: Need someone to take over two of my packages

Patrick Ouellette wrote:

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 10:27, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
[...]
Anyway, if Patrick is still out there, and still interested, drop me a line and let's talk.
I've filed an RFA now so this is not forgotten about - #235300

Actually I just got busy.  I was looking at the code (yuck old dos
inspired antique kinda stuff :-) ), and sent a message to the
debian-hams list asking for feedback on *where* to store the TLE files
(sat. orbital elements) as there are several sat tracking packages, each
of which puts the TLE files in a different location.

I also proposed co-maintainership and never got a response....

Well, I did reply, although my response was that I was looking for a maintainer so I could do some upstream work. The response was rather long and detailed. If you didn't get it, I'll be glad to dig through my sent mail box and dig it out.

I know how the "got busy" thing works ;-) and I appreciate you looking into the TLE location issue. I've never had the time to track it down, and probably not the contacts either.

Either way, I can take over packaging if Dale doesn't want the
co-maintainer arangement.

I would appreciate moving upstream on this one. Several open bugs can only be fixed by doing so ...

If you can work on a non-debian-only release, I'll try to find the room to put up the code at my ISP. Keep in touch.

Thanks for doing this,

Dwarf