Source packages build with different set of patches

I have a source package I like to build several times with different a
patch-set each time generating a binary package. Not to invent the
wheel myself I like to see if other packages has done something like
this.

I've looked at cdbs but this feature seems to be on the TODO list.

The nethack package do this and as I want to use this for slashem (a
nethack variant) I could just steal debian/rules from nethack (again)
but I would like to see different ways of doing it.

Any pointers to other packages I could look at?

--
 Peter Makholm     |         Perhaps that late-night surfing is not such a
 peter@makholm.net |           waste of time after all: it is just the web