Re: [debian-printing] Packaging of vendor PPD files.

On Mar 01, Per Olofsson wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 12:38 +1100, Craig Small wrote:
> > Wouldn't they go into a specific foomatic package? HP ijs has something
> > similar.
>
> These PPDs don't have anything to do with foomatic, so no. Foomatic
> PPDs are generated from its own database.

Since foomatic upstream doesn't package them - but does host them on
linuxprinting.org - I tend to agree with Per.  Might be worth
establishing a naming convention (e.g. ppd-<vendor>) though; not to
mention, I think there are already a bunch of free HP vendor ppd files
for their PostScript laser printers that linuxprinting.org hosts that
are separate from foomatic.

Chris