Re: ITH: gdm -- GNOME Display Manager

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 01:43:11PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> I can envision a few different types of hijacks.
>
> 1. Hijacker attempts to contact existing maintainer, but they are
> unresponsive
>
> 2. Hijacker attempts to contact existing maintainer, but they want to hold
> onto the package even though it may be in disrepair
>
> 3. Hijacker uploads the package without talking to the existing maintainer
>
> 4. Hijacker attempts to contact existing maintainer, who passes off
> maintenance, or fixes their package, etc. (in this case the hijack is
> averted)
>
> I was asking which one occurred.

Ah.  I don't think we should use "hijack" to describe more than one of the
above.

Each of the above implies a different social dynamic in operation, and
we should use distinct terms for each.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      To stay young requires unceasing
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      cultivation of the ability to