OT: true quotation and is debian a democracy [was: Debian needs more buildds. It has offers. They aren't being accepted.]

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 03:41:01PM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
>> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> wrote:
>> > "We will be *guided* by the needs of our users [...]" (emphasis mine,
>> > but you probably saw that already). That doesn't mean "we'll jump at
>> > their every whim", or even "we'll do whatever our users tell us to do".
>>
>> Please, use quotes when it is appropriate -- when you are truly
>> quoting.
>>
>> I said enough, you are not forced to forge quotations to describe what
>> I think.
>
> Don't be silly. I didn't add anything to what you wrote, it most
> certainly was a quotation. You may think that I disrupted the context,
> but that's a different matter entirely. Just for the record I'd like to
> say I don't think I did misquote you, but I don't read minds and can't
> know what you meant other than by reading what you wrote.

For the second time, please give a pointer to a mail where I wrote
"we'll jump at their every whim", or "we'll do whatever our users tell
us to do".

If you can't, stop claiming I said that, _it is a lie_ and I do not
appreciate this kind of behavior at all.

Well, one more time we're off-topic.

> police, judges, etc). That said, I'd like to point you at the fact that
> Debian is by no means a democracy or a dictatorship.

No doubt about that. The question is not what Debian is exactly but
how some part of Debian what is turns out to be ruled.

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |