#include <hallo.h>
* Anthony Towns [Sat, Feb 14 2004, 05:41:51PM]:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 04:10:29PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > We want kde 3.2.0 in sid so it is (tried to be) autobuild.
>
> No, we don't want KDE 3.2.0 until we *know* it can be autobuilt. Uploading
> it to experimental and asking developers to build it on various
> architectures tells us that to a good approximation, and allows us to keep
> working on KDE 3.1.5 in the meantime.

So? Wasn't you favorite Testing branch intended to be a place for
"working versions"? Since Testing seems to mutate to another outdated,
deadlocked package set, I understand the wish to make Sid the distro for
everydays work - but it is not how the things should be.

> > Having it
> > in experimental for the one arch the maintainer has will not solve the
> > RC bugs that might show up on the other archs.
>
> Indeed, that's why you don't just have it in experimental for one arch.

And is that the reason for making autobuild-trials on other arches a
real pain for maintainers with packages in experimental? I see no good
reason for not running autobuilders on experimental.

> > He wanted to be nice to the users and give them a properly working KDE
> > in testing before uploading a new and untested one. I think that is a
> > very commendable thing.
>
> Indeed, but that's precisely why we have experimental available.

Regards,
Eduard.