On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 04:10:29PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> We want kde 3.2.0 in sid so it is (tried to be) autobuild.

No, we don't want KDE 3.2.0 until we *know* it can be autobuilt. Uploading
it to experimental and asking developers to build it on various
architectures tells us that to a good approximation, and allows us to keep
working on KDE 3.1.5 in the meantime.

> Having it
> in experimental for the one arch the maintainer has will not solve the
> RC bugs that might show up on the other archs.

Indeed, that's why you don't just have it in experimental for one arch.

> He wanted to be nice to the users and give them a properly working KDE
> in testing before uploading a new and untested one. I think that is a
> very commendable thing.

Indeed, but that's precisely why we have experimental available.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004