On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 03:26:27PM +0100, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> > not; if it's inappropriate, it's inappropriate, and the person's status
> > as a developer has no bearing on the question.
>
> Huh?
>
> While I agree that status should not be of any important, there are
> things where beeing part of an organisation makes difference.
>
> For example:
> For me as European stating how ridiculous some US politicans
> are is one thing. Writing open papers that they should remove
> one of their officals would simply be inappropriate...

It would be no more or less appropriate than a US person saying that.
There is no reason for me, as a US citizen, to believe that Europeans
are unable to have wise thoughts about the US.  The arguments in your
open papers should be considered based upon what they say, not on who
wrote them, the nationality of the author, etc, etc.

-- John