Op do 12-02-2004, om 10:23 schreef Tim Dijkstra:
> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:52:47 +1000
> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

> > > Perfectly usable assistance was offered. If some (unarguably)
> > > bonehead came along, wanted to take over a jobs and got rejected no
> > > big argument would have arisen. That was not the case.
> >
> > The people who get to decided whether the help is useful or not are
> > the ones doing the job, not the ones offering the help.
>
> These people do not 'own' these jobs, do they?

More or less, yeah, they do. If you're doing the work, you don't want
others to stand in your way because, hey, you don't "own" it, and they
want to be part of it too.

> I would say that debian as a project should decide if help is needed or not.

Hah.

That would probably just result in a lot of bickering, flaming, and no
actual work being done.

> Based on some
> objective measure of 'doing the job' of course.

That's too vague. If you're really serious about this, work it out first
before suggesting it.

(The reason I'm saying this is that it's my believe such a measure would
either be impossible to implement, or take way too much time to do, time
that could be more valuably spent by actually doing the work)

[...]
--
Wouter Verhelst
Most people have two reasons for doing anything -- a good reason, and