Re: Packages still using old-style debconf

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 01:59:58PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
[...]
> I'm _not_ going to change my description and choices to ASCII; they
> are Latin1 and can surely be recoded to UTF8 or something if that'll
> help, but I'm not going to transcode them.
[...]

Having non-ASCII characters gives the following result:
  $ LANG=C sudo apt-get install aspell-no
  As you might know, Norwegian has two different written forms bokm??l
  and nynorsk.  Which one do you want aspell to use as Norwegian?
     nynorsk
     bokm

How characters are misdisplayed depend on the frontend, but in any case
it does not work.

FYI the templates shipped in your binary packages *are* UTF-8 encoded
and contain no translations whereas your source package contains
many translated templates.  Oh wait, there is one: wnorwegian.templates.no.
How did it survive?

Denis