On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 10:56:35PM +0100, Karsten Merker wrote:

> Several attempts have been made to get a replacement online, but this
> has up to now failed for various reasons:
> - One machine arrived DOA.
> - We have a Cobalt/mipsel system available, but we have serious
>   stability problems on this type of system with current kernels
>   (which are needed by current glibc on mipsel, so running with an
>   old kernel is not an option). This is being worked on.

Same here with 2.4.x and 2.6.x on m68k for my machines. Strangely enough
they only boot 2.2.20, which of course is not an option in the long run. ;)

> - Another machine has been offered as an additional mipsel buildd
>   a few days ago - we are currently waiting for Ryan's response
>   regarding this box.

Consider for sarge+x to have some more buildds as well.
The number of packages are steadily increasing and the speed of gcc goes
down as well. ;)

To compare against history, have a look at
http://m68k.debian.org/buildd/stats.txt and compare those stats against the
actual on www.buildd.net.

> In general, I consider another mipsel buildd besides the two
> "normal" ones a good idea - it helps in situations like now
> when one machine is unavailable.

Please consider as well to increase the number of buildd admins as well.
There are some reasons like being ill, an accident or just holidays that can
cause some backlog as well, as in not only machines can be down, people can
too... ;)

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/