Re: Python modules w/#! lines... Lintian overrides?

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 10:10:24PM -0600, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> And look, folks.  He has completely ignored the reason for my post and
> decided to criticise a statement with a smiley face following it.  Yes,
> this is a smiley face: ;-).  Notice the winking.  This is a smiley face
> without a wink: :-).  It means genuine happiness whereas a wink eludes
                                                                  ^^^^^^
> to sarcasm, humor, a joke.  Watch as I throw another twist into the
> fray: ;-P  That was a smiley face with a tongue stuck out.
>
> Oh wait.  Am I being sarcastic now?  Imagine that.

Oooh! Pick me! I can make an on-topic comment that demonstrates a keen,
astute, and good grasp of the reason for your post.  ;-)

allude, v.t.
: to make indirect reference; broadly : REFER

elude, v.t.
1 : to avoid adroitly : EVADE <the mice eluded the traps> <managed to
elude capture>
2 : to escape the perception, understanding, or grasp of <subtlety
simply eludes them> <victory continued to elude us>
3 : DEFY <it eludes explanation>

Source: Merriam-Webster Online

For good measure, I think one final dash of mirth is in order:  ;-P

--
Gregory K. Johnson