Re: Debian and Novell

I am sorry to hear you had problems. I don't use file-rc so I cannot
comment on that. But my own experience has been outstanding with VMWare.
I use VMWare on a daily basis for all kinds of things, some pretty
obscure, and have never had a problem.
Is there any chance you have VMWare configured with the emulated disk
drive set to dynamic? In that mode, VMWare will discard all changes made
to the virtual disk drives at each restart.
I would be very, very suprised if VMWare looks at links in /etc/rc*.d.
VMWare normally just creates the environment, it doesn't look inside the
emulation.
Steve