Re: udev and /sys mounting [was: mounting tmpfs (and sysfs) defaultly in sarge?]

In article <[🔎] 20040109033051.GA33179@spawn.mnemosyne-consulting.com>,
Joel Baker  <fenton@debian.org> wrote:
>> BTW, I wonder why this mountall.sh is ok for bsd* and hurd...
>
>Quite possibly because we haven't gotton far enough that it was obvious
>that it was breaking, amidst all the rest of the stuff in the init scripts
>that probably can't be trusted without inspection? :)

That's one of the reasons 'initscripts' is now in it's own
package - esp. the Hurd probably needs a completely different
set of initscripts, so it can just supply a hurd-specific
initscripts. Ditto for sysv-rc, etc.

So if Debian/BSD just needs minor changes, it can be done
in the generic 'initscripts' package. If several scripts need
major surgery for BSD because things are completely different
(which I doubt, btw) BSD can just use a different initscripts
package.

Mike.