Re: World Domination Plan - phase debtakeover

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 10:49:22AM +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:
> On 2004-01-07 21:17 -0500, Simon Law wrote:
> > 	The best way to downgrade a system is to use apt-pinning.
> > I guess you could automate the process, though.
>
> I tried this once with a testing system, I wanted to downgrade to
> stable. I was left with a horribly broken system, so it was far easier
> to reinstall woody completely. It seems that Debian does not support
> downgrading a whole distribution very well (which is no criticism or
> wish, just a fact that one ought to know...)
>
> Did you already try this successfully?

	I have attempted this, and it _seems_ to work.  The machine was
a testing box that shouldn't have been, so we downgraded it and forced
it back.  It's been running stable now for a year now.

	I think we might have had to fix some config files, but I think
that dpkg got all the important ones.

Simon