Re: World Domination Plan - phase debtakeover

Hi!

On 2004-01-07 21:17 -0500, Simon Law wrote:
> 	The best way to downgrade a system is to use apt-pinning.
> I guess you could automate the process, though.

I tried this once with a testing system, I wanted to downgrade to
stable. I was left with a horribly broken system, so it was far easier
to reinstall woody completely. It seems that Debian does not support
downgrading a whole distribution very well (which is no criticism or
wish, just a fact that one ought to know...)

Did you already try this successfully?

Thanks and have a nice day!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org