Re: Debian Debconf Translation proposal ( again )

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:04:15AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:55:20AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > >
> > > They will definitely not catch all the errors I've caught in the
> > > past. Sorry.
> >
> > *This* is laughable.
>
> ... but true. As Steve Langasek noted, maintainers have a personal stake
> in a package and personal familiarity with its code, so approach
> translation review from a different angle.

You should tell KDE folks that their l10n handling is dramatically
flawed, giving more power to translators lower the quality of their
project.  I am pretty sure that they will be happy to learn from us
on how to improve their l10n.

I forgot also to mention that contrary to your opinion, most errors in
PO files for the debian-installer were not caught by maintainers but by
people taking care of l10n.

Denis