Re: Removal of postings

[For the purposes of this message, any personal pronoun which could be taken as
referring to the OP is to be taken as a reference to Southwest Century]

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 02:34:49PM -0600, Tommy Hill wrote:
> In regards to the posting on your forum about Southwest Century

Forum?  What forum?  We have no forums - just publically available archives of
mailing lists.

Oh, and make that postingS, plural.  Your boy shot his bolt across, from what
I can see so far, at least 3 separate mailing lists.

> Communications.  The comments and views of a past employee, Dale
> Joaquin, do not reflect the current state or attitude of our business.

So your "rogue affiliate" did it, then?  Y'know, it doesn't sound any more
convincing the 800th time I hear it, either.  If you can't control your
employees, it's a pretty damning indictment on your ability to control highly
complex and technical telecommunications equipment.

But thanks for posting here and reminding everyone of your past, in case some
people forgot your company has a dubious history.

> We would like to discuss with you the process of removing this listing

Doesn't happen, as you've been told in the past.

> as it reflects negatively and unfairly on our business and our

Negatively, certainly.  Are you denying the event took place?  I don't see how
the truth can possibly be unfair.  How is it unfair if you kick yourself in the
nuts?

> employees.  Please contact me if you have any questions concerning this
> matter.

I would think that the consuming public has a right to know the history of the
organisation they're dealing with, no?

I notice that on the previous occasions this has been raised:

1) You were asked to post your advertising code of conduct, which never
appeared;

2) You were told that we don't pull mailing list archives;

3) You have been informed that you are in debt to Debian for advertising costs
as detailed at http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#ads, which as far as I can
tell you've never paid.

So you don't listen to what people are telling you, ignore messages you don't
like, and don't pay your bills.  Gee, I want to spend all my money with you
Right Now!

Oh, and for anyone who's interested, the posts in question can be found at
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:lists.debian.org+Southwest+Century+OR+swcentury
and I've archived them separately as well in case they get "accidentally
misplaced".  Tarball of all messages relating to Southwest Century (either by
name or by domain) will be up soon on http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer, but
will also be stored off-line, so e-mail me if the public copies go walkies.

And finally, any response you may wish to make should be made here, in
debian-devel, in public and archived, because I *will* forward any private
response you make back to debian-devel if I feel it is appropriate, and it will
be publically archived elsewhere.

- Matt