Re: Removing obsolete configuration files?

hi,

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 03:54:08PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> If a previous version of a package had configuration files (not
> conffiles), but the newer version of the package does not (and no other
> configuration file replaces it), should the new package on upgrade
> remove the old configuration files or just keep them lying around?  I
> could not derive the correct answer to this question from the policy.

i'd say if they don't get in the way, leave them there, but make a note
of the fact that they're obsoleted via a debconf note (of appropriate
priority), and in the README or Changelog.Debian.  if they do get in
the way, you could perhaps move them to $file.obsoleted or something
like that.

	sean