Re: handling bugs of udev

Op do, 23-12-2004 te 20:26 +0000, schreef Will Newton:
> On Thursday 23 Dec 2004 20:05, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
>
> > | yes you are right, but if i have a look on other replies on
> > | bugs by marco i think fuck off is his choice of words.
> >
> > I beg to differ.  He might not use the word «please» very often, but
> > I don't remember seeing any bug comments from him being very flamy.
>
> See his reply to my honest question elsewhere in this thread. IMO he was rude
> and unnecessarily short, which seems to be his style. He is entitled to his
> style but it isn't a very effective one or one that will make him many
> friends.

Debian isn't about making friends, although it does help.

Debian is about creating something technically excellent. Although I
don't like udev, and although I agree with you that Marco's confronting
attitude is sometimes rather... well... confronting, I still think it's
fair to say he's proven himself as being quite technically
knowledgeable, which is all that matters.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks