Re: Are mails sent to xxxx <at> buildd.debian.org sent to /dev/null ?

Andrew Suffield wrote:
> s390 is a little special, because it's neither a desktop nor a server
> architecture, but rather a mainframe one. One software installation
> can service many thousands of users; these are the things IBM was
> talking about when they thought they would only sell five of them. So
> it will always be disproportionately low by this measure. Exactly how
> far different it is from the rest is difficult to tell.

I'm not a s390 admin (though I play one in hercules), but I really doubt
that anyone takes a s390 and installs only one debian vm on it. If
you're running big iron with thousands of users, you'll have a bunch of
vm's running debian, and each of these will produce mirror load (unless
one of them runs a local mirror).

--
see shy jo