Re: removing in postrm rc*.d symlinks that I did not create

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 02:16:00AM +0100, Nicolas Boullis wrote:
> > if the package is removed, the init script should just exit with 0
> > status.  removing the links during purge would also be appropriate.
>
> So you think lintian is wrong to complain?

no, i think lintian is correct to complain, but that you're also
within reason to remove those symlinks if the package is purged.

> > you could also install the links by default, but have some other
> > variable in /etc/default/$package control whether or not it actually
> > starts (i think somebody else has mentioned this too).
>
> Yes, I know such solutions but don't like them much. But if "my"
> solution is proved to be wrong, I'll implement such a workaround...

what's so bad about such a solution?  i think it's simple to implement,
easy to understand, and less prone to break.

	sean