udev.rules configuration

Hi Marco,

I am using udev since a few weeks for having dedicted mount points for usb
devices. I added

## USB disk
BUS="scsi", SYSFS_vendor="USB 2.0*", NAME="usbdisk%n"
## Pentax Optio 33S disk
BUS="scsi", SYSFS_vendor="Pentax", NAME="optio%n"

which works fine.

It is somewhat annoying that with each upgrade of udev, I get a conflict with
this configuration file. Certainly, I want all the enhancements of your new
version. What I do then, I answer get the package maintainers version and I
add my few lines again and again.

I am just wondering, if there is a better way to do what I intend. If not, do
you think, it is worth to open a wishlist bug for that?

Another side effect of udev I noticed is that it seems to hide

/dev/isdninfo

so I mount the udev file system now to /udev instead of /dev, such that other
tools can still use /dev/isdninfo. For a complete bug report, see

Thanks for keeping the package uptodate, even if I have to edit udev.rules
frequently ;-)

Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch