Re: Status of this ITP?

El mié, 08-12-2004 a las 12:30 -0500, Luis R. Rodriguez escribió:
> On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 05:21:56PM +0000, David Pashley wrote:
> > On Dec 08, 2004 at 17:15, Luis R. Rodriguez praised the llamas by
> > saying:
> > >

> > > Its been more than a year now. What's the status of this ITP?  This is
> > > ridiculous. If you can't package it, then say so so others can come in
> > > and do the job. We deserve a freedesktop.org package by now in debian.
> > >
> > > Get off your ass.
> > >
> > This is an ITP for KDrive, the experimental xserver. It is not the X.org
> > xserver. I'm not sure this is what you think it is.
> >
> > I appriciate that english may not be your first language, but the tone
> > of the email was not exactly friendly. People work on Debian because
> > they want to. Having people shout at them isn't the best incentive to
> > get them to do voluntary work.
>
> David,
>
> thanks for the prompt e-mail. The goal of my e-mail was to get us off
> our asses and get a debian xorg package out. Today I realized there
> wasn't one available and that just pissed me off. I won't appoologize
> for my tone as I feel we shouldn't settle.

 Please read X-Strike force FAQ[1] first.

 The relevant link is:
http://necrotic.deadbeast.net/xsf/XFree86/trunk/debian/local/FAQ.xhtml#debianplans

 But to target a bit closer:
"As of this writing (October 2004), packaging of the X.Org distribution
is underway in the X Strike Force's xorg Subversion repository
(ViewCVS[2])"

 Please help packaging this, not whining about packages not being ready.

[1]http://necrotic.deadbeast.net/xsf/XFree86/trunk/debian/local/FAQ.xhtml
[2]http://necrotic.deadbeast.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/?root=xorg

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo