Re: SVG icons

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 02:06:26PM +0100, Lo?c Minier wrote:
> Eric Lavarde <Eric@Lavar.de> - Wed, Dec 08, 2004:
>
> > To summarize, I think recommending SVG would require a change to the policy.
>
>  It's defined in the _Menu_ Policy.  I think the people maintaining the
>  Debian menu system are best placed to tell what should be allowed or
>  not.

It is precisely because the menu policy does not say anything about
icons that I brought this up here. 'man menufile' states that an icon
can be specified but nothing else.

Note that svg icons work in a gnome environment. Because gramps is
a gnome program and upstream will only be distributing an svg icon
starting with the next major release, I may just stick with that.
There are usually other issues, though, so I was hoping some wisdom
could be found on debian-devel.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org