Re: SVG icons

Hi,

isn't the actual underlying problem that the Debian Policy only accepts
XPM icons (and lintian with it)? I don't know the background of this
decision, but could imagine:
- broad acceptance (aside from GNOME and KDE), PNG should be fine on this
one, SVG not yet.
- text oriented format: SVG OK, PNG not.
- free: SVG and PNG OK.

To summarize, I think recommending SVG would require a change to the policy.

Cheers, Eric

--
Eric de France, d'Allemagne et de Navarre