Re: Bug#283578: ITP: hot-babe -- erotic graphical system activity monitor
- To: Ron Johnson <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#283578: ITP: hot-babe -- erotic graphical system activity monitor
- From: Frank Küster <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:43:24 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com> (Ron Johnson's message of "Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:17:37 -0600")
- References: <E1CYuzu-0001fP-00@Tatooine.r3z0> <20041130143338.GA10337@excelhustler.com> <20041130145235.GA13059@nic.fr> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <41ACC966.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20041201000652.GB4989@country> <email@example.com>
Ron Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 01:06 +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 01:58:45PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
>> > On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 20:26 +0100, Eric Lavarde wrote:
>> > But we should be able to pass out Debian disks to children without
>> > fear of newspaper stories like "A young girl yesterday found
>> > pictures of naked women of a Linux computer disk" and be able to
>> > pass them around in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, etc without threat
>> > of the passer and the passee being beaten or thrown in jail by
>> > the Morality Police.
>> Uh. If you live in a country where you could be thrown in jail because
>> someone gave you a CD-ROM containing almost 650MB worth of software of
>> which less than half a meg contains nudity cartoons, I think you have a
>> bigger problem than said nudity.
> That's beyond the scope of this discussion.
> However, I'd be *highly* agitated if someone gave my daughter a
> CD-ROM with *any* nudy cartoons.
Then you'd better not bring your daughter to Europe. I am sure she
would see much more explicit drawings and photos in the advertisements
by the side of the road or on TV.
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich