Re: the Recommends control field (was: dselect survey)

On 25-Nov-04, 10:11 (CST), "Thaddeus H. Black" <t@b-tk.org> wrote:
> Besides the examples of Recommending packages
> are also given a few examples of curiously
> non-Recommending packages.  Scroll down to see
> these.

I won't comment on the others, but this one leaped out at me:

> Package: xhangglider
> Recommends: menu

This is a bug. The fact that your package includes a menu entry does not
imply that you should mention the menu package in any way.

Okay, I'll comment on this one, too:

> Package: postfix
> Recommends: mail-reader

Not only a bug, but so is the mere existence of the virtual package
"mail-reader". If you disagree, please define the interface to be used
by a package that depends on "mail-reader".

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net