Re: Intent to mass-file bugs: FDL/incorrect copyright files

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 12:17:30AM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:

> > It took me a while to see what you mean, and I think I do now.
> >
> > Silly question: since Debian ships them, are licenses themselves to
> > be considered software?
>
> Obscure corner case. [...]

That's code for: you're right, we're being hypocritical and
we hoped you wouldn't notice. Please don't mention it again.

Using our "everything is software" definition, licenses are
of course included.

> Somebody who was creating a collection of licenses (I can't think why)
> might need to worry about this. Most licenses don't even give you
> permission to distribute them, so you're pretty screwed in that
> scenario.

The base-files package contains a collection of licenses, most of which
don't apply to the base-files package.

Hamish