Re: possible mass bug filing: spamassassin 3

* Henrique de Moraes Holschuh (hmh@debian.org) [041116 14:55]:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > * Steinar H. Gunderson (sgunderson@bigfoot.com) [041116 12:30]:

> > > FWIW, we've run SA3 here (with a couple thousand users) in a woody backport
> > > for almost a week now, with no problems. This is of course not to say there
> > > is no bugs... :-)

> > This is definitly one of the good news, and together with the other good
> > news I was almost convinced to let SA3 through. However, I'm not too
> > sure if bug 279981 needs to be solved prior to SA3 going to sarge, and I
> > would like some feedback from the maintainer.

> IMHO it only *has* to be fixed in sarge if it affects upgrades from
> 2.20, which is in stable.  Otherwise, documentation on NEWS.Debian should be
> enough.

I agree with you that fixing is only required if this might be a problem
for upgrades from woody. As this bug report is quite young, I think the
best thing really is to give the maintainer enough time to take a look
at it, and decide whether this needs to be fixed first (and if, how) or
not.

Cheers,
Andi
--