Re: crash of csh

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 12:07:24PM +0100, Nico Golde wrote:
> i dont use this shell. i read an article which said that on old systems
> this command in the csh freezes the whole system. i tried it an noticed
> that it isnt clean yet.

This has nothing to do with the shell. Its a fork-bomb, and  you must
protect your system with ulimit defaults. (However I dont know the csh
synta, so it might be something else? At least a "locks whole system"
command is never a bug you can fix in the specific shell)

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Mörscher_Strasse_8.76185Karlsruhe.de --